Tumble Dryer Reviews
The task of finding a new dryer can require a little bit of work. Over the decades, a number of new technologies have developed for tumble dryers and you have a wide assortment of different machines to choose from.
With so many features, technologies and brands, there can be a lot to consider when you are shopping for a new tumble dryer. Having more choices is a good thing. It means that you are more likely to find an appliance that is designed to fit the needs and preferences of the individual. However, it can make things a little complicated when you try to find the right model for your home.
As a shopper, you may have a number of different points that can help to form your purchasing decision, and it can take a lot of time and effort to find all of the information that you need. That is a big part of the idea behind the development of this site. To help buyers in finding all of the information that they need to make an informed decision when it comes to buying products like tumble dryers and washing machines.
With the reviews that we write, you can find most of the information that you will need to make a purchasing decision. In addition to writing thorough reviews for some of the best tumble dryers that are currently available, we also include up to date pricing from many of the top online retailers. That way, when you are done reading the review, you can find the best price for the machine that you are thinking about buying.
Beyond reviews, we also have a number of resource pages that can help to inform the buyer. You can read our tumble dryer buying guide to learn more about the different things to look for and you can look at our best buys page, where we provide our picks for the top dryers to fit a variety of different budgets.
This site is all about informing potential buyers so they know what to look for and they have a better understanding of what to expect from the different machines that are available.
What do shoppers look for in a tumble dryer?
If you go shopping for a new tumble dryer, there are several factors that should help to inform your decision. Of course, different factors will matter more depending on your preferences, but most shoppers do start with an idea of what they want from a machine.
The following are a few of the things that most consumers will look for when they go shopping for a new dryer.
• Performance: This is an obvious point, and any machine that you buy is going to dry your laundry, but there are some performance factors that might make a difference. You might want to consider the amount of time that it takes to dry a full load, if it has any special programs, you will probably want to consider the results that the different programs provide and you will probably want to consider how well it treats the fabric.
• Build Quality: Even if you buy one of the tumble dryers that come at a lower price, it is still a fairly significant purchase. When you go out to buy one of these machines, you want to know that it is going to provide a reasonable operating life and that it will provide years of reliable performance.
• Vented or Condenser: Depending on your home, you might choose to go with a model that vents the moist air to the outside or one that condenses the moisture into a basin. Both options have their own advantages and disadvantages. If you need help with this decision, read our buying guide for tumble dryers.
• Integrated or Freestanding: You also have the choice of machines that will integrate into the room or models that are freestanding. There are a few points that can help to inform this decision and we have a full breakdown in our guide to integrated appliances.
• Features and Programs: For some buyers, they will only consider a machine if it comes equipped with their favourite features and programs, and there are a great many options that might be available depending on the machine that you are looking at. On the other side, some people just want a basic dryer that has one or two temperatures and a timer.
• Auto Drying: Sensor drying is a technology that a lot of people have come to love. In this, the machine uses sensors to detect the moisture and it will keep the machine running until the clothes are dry.
• Anti Crease: Many consumers find the anti crease features and settings to be a must have. To prevent creasing, the machine might have a reverse action drum to keep the clothes from tangling or it might have a feature that keeps the clothes tumbling every few minutes after the cycle until they are removed.
• Capacity: The capacity is obviously an important point. You want to get a machine that is big enough for your regular laundry needs, but you don’t want to go too big. If you already have a washing machine, you may also want to consider the capacity of the washer. In general, you want the washer and dryer to have capacities that match as closely as possible.
• Budget: Most buyers have a set budget for what they can afford to spend on a dryer. If your budget is particularly high, you can get one of the best machines with all of the latest features and technologies. If you budget is low, you might have to make some decisions about what factors and features are most important to you, but you should still be able to find a good machine.
• Efficiency: A dryer can use a significant amount of electricity over the course of its life. For this reason, many shoppers will try to find a model that offers a good value in regard to energy efficiency. If you add the cost of running the machine in with the purchasing price, you will often find that you get a better value by spending a little bit more for increased efficiency.
• Ease of use: A good dryer is going to make doing laundry easier, but finding a machine that is easy to use will be beneficial. Consider the size of the opening, the design and layout of the controls and consider how well it performs for the different tasks.
• Brand: There are many brands that make quality tumble dryers. That said, there are some brands that consistently produce machines that perform better or last longer, and there are some brands that have their own special features. For these reasons, many shoppers will only consider certain brands when they go shopping for an appliance.
How reviews can help
The value of being an informed purchaser is huge. You don’t want to rush to an uninformed decision and find that you have purchased a machine that does not perform well or one that does not quite fit your needs. However, many people make these decisions with little to no research. They might have a hard time finding the information that they need or they might find that the task is just too time consuming.
This is where a review can help you out. When you find a good review, you will have information about most of the important points that you might want to consider and you will get information about how the machine actually works.
With our reviews, we try to find all of the information that a person may need when they are trying to select a dryer and we provide a review that covers several points that should help to make their decision easier. Beyond that, we also provide pricing information to help the reader find the best deal.
When you read our reviews, you will be able to make a more informed decision and this can help to ensure that you are getting the appliance that will best suit the needs of your home.
Can User reviews be helpful?
As a person that is shopping for and researching appliances on the internet, you will have a variety of different sources from which you can draw information. One resource that can be useful is the reviews from past buyers.
When you check out the reviews from people that have actually bought the machine in question, you can find out about how well it worked for the reviewer, you can learn about any issues that they may have and they will express information about different points that they liked.
While user reviews can be useful, there are some ways that you want to be careful. Not every review is going to be an accurate reflection of the machine. Some purchasers may have just been unfortunate in getting one of the very few models to come with a defect. You will also have people that made their decision without doing all of the research, and as a result, they got a machine that did not fit their needs. For user reviews to be helpful, you need to read them and evaluate the information for reliability and accuracy.
For some shoppers, they only want to buy a machine that has a wealth of good user reviews. This can be a good way to choose a model that will provide a satisfying experience, but a lack of reviews does not necessarily mean a bad machine. If a model just got released, it won’t have a lot of reviews. This machine could be one of the best dryers out there and it might have a range of nice features, it just has not been purchased by a lot of people yet.
What to look for on the pages of retailers and manufacturers?
After looking at the reviews, you can also go to the website of retailers and manufacturers to learn more about the different dryers. On these pages, you can find key pieces of information that will help to inform your decision.
• Basic Information: To start, you should check all of the basic information. Check the capacity to make sure that the machine is the right size, look for the number of programs that the machine has and check the dimensions of the machine to make sure that it is the right size for your space. You can also check to see if it is a condenser model or vented and whether it is integrated or freestanding.
• Programs: On the page, you can look to see if it has all of the program options that you like. For the more basic machines, it might just be a temperature setting and a timer, but the more advanced machines might have things like anti-allergy programs, programs for wool, settings for drying towels and more.
• Features: There are a number of special features that you could look for. Does the machine have a reverse action drum? Does it have other anti crease settings? Is there the option of sensor washing?
• Controls: With the controls playing an important part in regard to ease of use, you may want to consider the control panel. Look to see whether it has pushbuttons or a dial. In addition to that, you may also want to look to see whether it has a display on the control panel.
• Efficiency: If you are concerned about efficiency, then you should be able to find the information that you need on one of these pages. Generally, you should be able to find figures that reflect an estimated annual energy consumption, the amount of energy consumed per cycle and the estimated cost of operation for one year.
• Noise: Some dryers can be a little loud, so it might be important to check the level of the operating noise. This could be of particular concern for homes where the appliance is going to be near the lounge area.
• Installation: Most tumble dryers have an installation process that is fairly straightforward, but you may want to check to see if there are any special requirements. Further, you may want to look to see if the online retailer offers services for installation and removal.
• Warranty: Every new appliance is going to come with a warranty, but the length of the warranty can vary depending on the manufacturer and the specific model. Ideally, you won’t need to get the machine serviced, but it is good to know that it is covered for a decent length of time after the purchase.
• User Reviews: Many of these pages will have reviews from people that have bought the appliance in the past. On the retailer site, you can check to see if other buyers liked the appliance and you may even find some information about the experience that they had shopping with the specific retailer website.
As a final point, you want to compare prices across a variety of different retailer sites. By doing this, you can save yourself a little money. For the most part, the prices will be similar from one site to the next, but there are cases where you could score a significant savings by taking the time to compare prices.
Now, you could take the time to go look the specific dryer up on a number of different sites, but this will take up a lot of time. To save you that time and make the process easier, we do offer price comparisons on our review pages. On the page, you will find prices from some of the top sellers on the internet. All of these prices are current and we make updates to the price comparisons every day.